The Experts In Fine Tree Pruning Works.
When it comes to tree maintenance services, PC Tree Removal Melbourne Services are the number one choice among many customers—and for good reason. We’ve been in business since 2005, and since then our company has rendered top-quality services to thousands of customers in and around the city. We have created a reputation for being one of the best providers of arboricultural and tree trimming services in Melbourne.
One of our most popular services is tree pruning, and it’s not that hard to imagine why. While this important gardening maintenance task has many practical and aesthetic benefits, it can be challenging to accomplish. After all, rough handling, climbing with spurs or spikes, and lopping the top of the canopy can all have a detrimental effect on the health of a tree.
Trees need to be protected while pruning is being carried out, and that’s why it’s crucial to engage a qualified and expert service provider like PC Tree Services to ensure that all work is being done according to the highest industry standards. In Melbourne, local municipalities require tree contractors to adhere to AS 4373-2007 or the Australian Standards on Pruning Amenity Trees. As such, having qualified arborists to take on your pruning work requirement means these standards will be followed to the letter.
The Many Benefits of Tree Pruning in Melbourne
Tree pruning is not just about improving the look of your tree and making it more appealing. As mentioned, it provides property owners a lot of other, more important benefits. We explore some of these below.
- Encouraging Better Growth. Tree pruning is essential to maintaining a tree’s health and structural integrity. Removing unwanted or overgrown parts of a tree prevents the branches from being too overburdened while also allowing you to better control the growth and form of your tree.
- Preventing Accidents and Injuries. Pruning trees also prevents weak, overhanging branches from causing injury to people when they break and fall off unexpectedly.
- Clearing Unwanted Vegetative Litter. Tree pruning is also a way to clear leaf litter, which could potentially clog your drains and rain gutters.
- Isolating Diseases and Pests. Pruning trees can also prevent the spread of harmful bugs and diseases by reducing the physical contact between infected and healthy branches. Moreover, tree pruning also helps stop pesky rodents from accessing your house’s roofline.
- Keeping Surroundings Tidy. Many neighbourhoods and city councils require residents to keep their properties clean and tidy. Pruning your trees allows you to prevent branches from encroaching into your neighbours’ properties, in addition to preventing litterfall from dirtying up the streets around your house.
Tree pruning is a potentially tricky task that is best done by professionals. At PC Tree Services, we have dedicated experts who can accomplish pruning tasks—no matter how big or small— with care and precision. As fully licensed arborists, our tree pruning professionals know the ins and outs of tree biology and physics, allowing them to carry out their work effectively and with the most positive results.
Tree Pruning in Melbourne: An Art and a Science
Overgrown trees is no new problem to Melbourne residents. When left to their own devices, trees can grow and become untamed pretty quickly, creating challenges that property owners have to deal with. At worst, overgrown trees can even become safety hazards to a property’s occupants and visitors.
The sight of an unkempt tree usually incites many people to arm themselves with pruning shears and to haphazardly trim their trees, but what they don’t understand is that you can’t just go about pruning trees in a slipshod manner. This can have a detrimental effect on your tree’s health and lifespan, in addition to possibly endangering the wellbeing of both people and property.
Hiring qualified arborists can help you cut the potential drawbacks of overgrown trees in the bud while also ensuring the safety and longevity of your trees. At PC Tree Services, we employ various pruning techniques for different scenarios. For example, we can carry out directional pruning on stems and branches overhanging rooflines to decrease and discourage new growth, ultimately decreasing future maintenance and associated costs. Our arborists and gardeners use many other techniques besides.
To learn more about our tree pruning services and the other services we offer, contact our Bayswater-based office. Call us now at 03 9720 7740, or leave a message through our contact page to inquire or schedule an appointment.